Wednesday 10 July 2013

Day 3.


While I have a lot of ideas I don't neccessarily plan. This is especially true when it comes to faces, I never paint a picture of a doll's appearance before I start, I simply set out a few basic colours on a piece of paper, start mixing and build up layers. Because of this I'm never quite sure where a face will go and what character will come out. 

Additionally while my ideas have been rather Victorian and industrial my hands seem to have painted quite flowery, sweet colours. I think it's because it's the height of summer. 

Either way I think I'll have to edit my designs a little, the blue eyed girl will now suit a marching band hat rather than a miner's helmet. And the green eyed girl looks a little more worldly wise than intended. 

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment